What should you do when you have anxiety attacks?

Nomad

Unlike depression which does not have too many physical symptoms, anxiety attacks come with a lot of physical symptoms. You will experience numbness in your muscles, muscular cramps, palpitation, shallow breathing, etc. The first thing you need to do is stay calm and then start deep breating.

The one technique that works for me, every time is to breath slowly and think of a happy thought, a happy time in my life. Not just during a panic attack but any time I'm nervous.

Its simple, inhale through your nose slowly and deeply, letting all air out gently through your mouth. If it helps, you can count from 1 to 5 on each inhale and exhale.

If you are suffering from a very serious anxiety and panic disorder or attacks, it is very important that you have a medication that you take to be able to manage it very well so that it doesn't get out of hand. You can try and engage in anything activities that calms you down.

If you have a medication which you usually take in such situations with your panic attacks, it's best to take them immediately. I also found out controlled breathing method works too. Stay calm and breath in and out slowly.

When it comes to suffering anxiety attacks, the main thing to focus on is your breathing if you can. I always find that when I have an anxiety attack, if someone tells me to focus on something, keep focused on it, and then take deep breaths that usually helps me a lot. It's about finding what works for you to help you ground yourself and then stick to it when you need to.

Back