Lockdown and Depression

DarkerNights

Lockdown was a bad time for us all. With no structure to our days, no taking the kids to school, and -more often than not- no work to go to. For many people, the lockdown was the root cause of people's depression, and those that were already suffering slipped further into that rut. What sort of coping strategies did you use during these awful times? Sharing your experiences might just help someone cope if it ever came around again.

What depressed me more than anything about lockdown was people's blatant disregard and even pride about disobeying all rules. People saying the pandemic is a hoax and laughing at people listening to expert bodies as they quote their friend from the pool hall or a Facebook meme.

My life hasn't really changed beyond me not being able to get a McDonalds. I've always bee n a bit of a recluse, now I have the perfect excuse to remain a recluse. I just don't like people lol.

Seriously, it was never easy dealing with feeling like one's life lacked purpose during the lockdown. It was an event that we never saw coming and it changed our lives completely. If not for video games that helped me coped a little, it wasn't easy at all.

A lot of people whom were depressed committed suicide during the time of lockdown because it is something that none of us ever saw coming and it was very difficult for a lot of people to adjust to it. I know two guys who committed suicide as a result of the being locked in doors for so long.

I had it a bit easier for myself during the lockdown. I was among the people who had to work from home. It was almost the same thing with getting to the office for my work but just that I was doing it now at home. It didn't affect me too much.

The lockdown was very difficult for me to deal with because it changed almost my daily routine which was something that was helping me to deal with my depression but I am glad that everything has been called off and I've gotten back to my normal life cycle.

Both of my parents lost their job as a result of lockdown and it never helped in the family because we started struggling so hard that it was very difficult for us to feed on daily basis. My depression got worse during that time because I couldn't even get out of the house when I wanted to.

Back