Being depressed over not getting married

Olaji

Hey guys, a friend of mine told me last week about how she's battling with depression because she's supposed to have been married by now at the age of 39 years but no suitors are coming for her. I don't even know how to advice her on this. How can u advise her?

It is not a must that everybody will get married and have kids because that doesn't mean that you will be happy when you do that. There is no guarantee that you are going to be happy when you are married which is why I don't see you getting married as anything to worry about.

Most of the time, it's majorly ladies that pass through this kind of depression because of not getting married. I'm not sure if it happens to men. It won't happen to me.

For ladies, that's always going to be a problem. For men, it's not going to bother them too much or made them depressed but it's always going to be hard for ladies. It happened to my sister.

I'm still very young in my early twenties and not yet ready for marriage but I have older siblings who are well mature fir marriage but still searching for a partner, sometimes I observe they get sad and start to transfer all of their inner frustrations on others.

It's normal to feel depressed but its not normal to let that depression define how you treat others.

Just be patient and give off positive energy always and positive things and people would gravitate towards you.

In my book, getting married isn't an achievement. It's not something that would ever bother me in my life because a lot of people that are married are even getting divorced.

Well, I can feel for the person. However, I put my spouse thru a similar dilemma. I wouldn't marry her until very late, and sadly, by that time she wasn't as in love with me. In fact, the marriage seemed reluctant and divorce is talked about a lot. Nonetheless, we have had wonderful memories post-marriage.

Back