Why do People assume you're their Girlfriend or Boyfriend?

Naiwen

I've gone out as friends a couple of times with a few guys in the past with group therapies and whatnot, a much older man (70 and up_ has just assumed that I'm in love with him, has started kissing and touching me everywhere inappropriately. And another biracial half-African and half-White guy in a group therapy has just assumed that I'm his "Chinese girlfriend" without asking me out. Are people (men and women) now too shy and chicken to ask someone they like out or what? Or they'd rather just assume you're going out with them as their girlfriend/boyfriend. I've had this happen to me more times than I could remember so yeah. People are weird in today's society. They just skip the "asking others out first" step before assuming that you're their girlfriend/boyfriend nowadays.

Some of people are like that, people that can't deal with their self control and I feel pity for them which means you need to shout it into their brain that you don't have anything to do with them without hurting their feelings.

This is what we will call an undefined relationship. That moment when people assume that you are just dating without any prior conversation.

Back