What event in your life has caused the most pain? and how did you overcome it?

To me the most pain was seeing my mother in fear and scared of my father. I too was scared of him and hated him with a passion, I hated that my life was continously changing because my mother had to move us around hiding from my father, my life was hell and it was painful but the most pain was not being able to change things and take the pain and fear away from my mother. How did I overcome it? I grew up, I got older, I got stronger and took control of my life, well sort of, Im just not afraid anymore and I know that now I can keep my mom safe and protected.

To me the most pain was seeing my mother in fear and scared of my father. I too was scared of him and hated him with a passion, I hated that my life was continously changing because my mother had to move us around hiding from my father, my life was hell and it was painful but the most pain was not being able to change things and take the pain and fear away from my mother. How did I overcome it? I grew up, I got older, I got stronger and took control of my life, well sort of, Im just not afraid anymore and I know that now I can keep my mom safe and protected.

Good on ya bro!! Just know that you are not alone and if things ever get rough again make sure you get the help and support you need!!!

Twisted Death Im sorry you lost so many years of your young life in fear and unhappy, im glad you have finally overcome your fears and now are able to live your life free of fear and pain.

Archeon, Im so sorry about your parents. I still have my mother and I cannot even imagine my life without her, I dont even like to think about the day.... I dont even know how I would deal with it. Im sorry you went through so much pain all at once.

Oh my God, Eric im sorry about the loss of your family, 10 years can be a long time but in reality it really isn't. I'm sure everyday you feel as if 'it was only yesterday', i hope you have a really strong support group at home, I really admire you for going through such a painful experience and still be strong enough to go on with your life.

The death of my wife and two children. I still don't think I am over it yet and it has been 10 years. I still have to remind myself that I need to get up each morning, but I do and it gets better throughout the day. Keep stepping forward, the hurt remains, but it gets better and life more bearable.

I am so sorry for your loss, Eric.

The worst thing to happen in my life was losing my first child, a boy, when I was 23 weeks pregnant. I have gone on to have three beautiful children, but I always think of him and how he would have turned out. People think you can replace a child with another, when that is not the case.

Everyone's stories are so heartfelt and I applaud you all for having the strength and courage to get over your ordeals. An event that caused the most pain in my life was the neglect as well as the physical and verbal abuse dealt by the hands of my mother while growing. I felt that if my own mother treated me like I was worthless, how could I expect to gain the approval of others? I even started to believe that I wasn't valuable because of this and even considered suicide at one point. To this day, even after years of therapy, I am still dealing with problems such as insecurity and trust issues. This is slowly dissipating, I am keeping myself busy as a freelance graphic artist and expressing myself through my artwork. I am also in a loving relationship with a very understanding man who is helping me to get through this.

The event in my life that caused me the most pain was probably when my boyfriend passed away in a skiing accident. We were having problems at the time so our last conversation was not the best. I had also been pregnant with his child previous to that. I had a miscarriage, long before the skiing accident, I sometimes wonder if things would have been different if I that did not happen to me. If maybe he would not have gone to the ski trip. It has been over 5 years since this has happened and the thing that helped me move on would be talking to family and friends about it and keeping him in my thoughts. I remember the good times and cherish those. I also realize just how much of a miracle my son is and try to be the best mom possible.

Hank

The most depressing situation that have ever experienced in my life was when I lost my pet to cancer. He was the only friend I had and when he died it was very unbearable for me but it took 4 years before I was able to get over him when I got another pet.

Back