Over Working Myself..

I am wondering if any one else has the same problem, I take on too much home,family,work ,I live like a Fireman.
The phone rings and I jump just to get it out of my way I really don't get time to think,I just want to have it done so I can "Train my Thoughts" I really try not to get Shook -up but as the day goes so do I.

Thanks for listening

The more I read about depression the more I notice that we are supposed to keep ourselves busy, involved in the 'community', do things to keep us entertained away from bad thoughts so in a way I think is good that you are keeping yourself busy but it seems that you are overdoing it a bit and you are burning yourself out Jake!!! Do you think this is a form of OCD maybe? where you NEED to pick up the phone right away.. where you NEED to keep everyone happy? Why is it that you can't say 'No, im sorry not today, I can't help you'.

It's wonderful that you enjoy helping other people. However, you sometimes need to say "no". It might be hard, but if you think about the pros and cons of helping someone before you help them, and if the cons are more than the pros, you'll have no problem in saying "no".

It does seem like I work all the time. 24 hours a day I seem to be doing something to make additional revenue. It was not that way before the economy fell apart. Now all I do is try to make more, just so I can live the way I was living when times were good. If I had some advice, I would give it to you, but with the economy stagnating, we have to do as much as we can to get ahead. In case there is more problems in the future.

Sadly, there probably will be more problems in the future. Almost everyone I know is working more and more trying to make what they can to stay afloat.

I can definitely understand where you are coming from. However, for the most part keeping myself extremely busy and working actually helps me to stop thinking bad thoughts and focus on tasks at hand. I think the only time you really have a problem is if you start to become overwhelmed by your work. I can see the possibility of you becoming depressed as a result of being busy to the point of not being able to get everything done.

Frost

When you over work yourself too much, it's going to be critical for your health. Once you realize that it's taking too much on your health, it's very necessary for you to stop because you will be the one to pay the big price. We all have our own problems.

My therapist will always tell you that too much of everything is bad which is why I try as much as I can to do everything that I do especially when it comes to work in moderation because I don't want to put too much stress on myself.

There's no good that can come from overworking yourself. You will only end up putting yourself at more risk of even suffering from High Blood Pressure because you're not getting enough rest.

This is why I wouldn't work more than 7 hours every day. It's more than enough time to fetch me the amount of money to take care of my needs without putting my health at risk.

I can't help it overworking myself most of the time. This is because I have no one that's helping me to take care of all the responsibilities facing. Thus leaving me stressed out and depressed.

I am someone who does the same thing. I overwork myself and the main reason for that is because I have my kids to look after and with my ex being like he is and not keeping up with payments to help with their upkeep, it means I push myself more and more to get more so that I get extra to be able to manage everything. This often leads to me ending up depressed, down, anxious, and just not myself. It's not a good way to feel but when it comes to family, you do what you have to do.

Back