Ladies and Gentlemen, how do you handle Rejections personally?

Naiwen

Staff member
As a gent and a lady, there must be some big differences on how you deal with romantic rejections. I'm usually personally always the rejector, never the one who's being rejected. And I've seen that people (men and women, all cultural and religious backgrounds, from all sexual and romantic orientations, all gender identities and from all walks of life confounded), tend to not take romantic rejections well. One man on LinkedIn, has been asking me out and after saying a big fat no, he's said to me "personally, I'm also very rich" and "I can have any woman I want". Basically, they will try to put you down with either your looks or skills or personality. However, I'm never moved or touched even slightly by it, if anything, it's annoying to me personally at least anyways. I don't care that you're very rich or handsome, because I'm aro-ace.

Handling rejection is something that is not always easy to do especially if you are really into someone but it is something you do have to accept so that it doesn't cause issues for either party. I personally have been rejected by others and I have also rejected others as well. I myself have always taken it and just moved on and so have the people who I have rejected in the past.

Back