Insominia and Depression?

Naiwen

Because of lately being officially on menopause, I could stay up for hours and hours at night. And it's affecting my mood and I feel depressed because of it. But I do meditation and yoga and listen to music, to actually make myself feel better during those difficult moments of my life as a young adult woman.

A massively traumatic experience can cause insomnia. For instance, I'm sure some people can't sleep after a family member died etc. What might be some ways to prepare so you don't have that problem?

I know very well that my lack of sleep is part of the reason why I'm currently depressed. I get so scared once it's night because I know that it's hard for me to sleep.

A massively traumatic experience can cause insomnia. For instance, I'm sure some people can't sleep after a family member died etc. What might be some ways to prepare so you don't have that problem?
Yes, it's possible for something like this to happen to anyone especially when the person is strongly attached to the person who died. They are going to be restless for weeks or months.

I have had cases where I have struggled to sleep and stayed up all night and it has caused me to feel depressed.

Insomnia is no fun and it's awful to go through, I can never stand when people say they would love to have insomnia without actually knowing how it can affect you mentally.

When you can’t sleep at night, a lot of feelings creep up in your mind. You will be imagining a lot of scenarios in your head, the ones that are real and those that are not. That is why it is important for one to clear their mind before going to bed.

I was depressed some months ago and it caused me to be awake every night which led to insomnia. I wasn't happy and my face was always gloomy. People who know me too well started asking me if I am well at all.

I know that insomnia can cause many things to people. It will detach you emotionally and then haunt you forever. I never like insomnia and I don't want to have it again.

Back