Everyone Knows ..But not talked about.

It is odd when I write a post here it gets me thinking ,Everyone knows there is something wrong with me but they avoid the subject .They tolerate ,But do not discuss any part of sickness of the mind. Everyone wants to talk about obvious or charitable friendly disease, But there is no conversation about depression,anxiety,panic attacks and so on .Devastating when they occur.But little is said , understood or investigated by someone who never had these problems.

Yeah i feel the same way, its like nobody takes depression seriously, they all think that depression is just a passing feeling that eventually goes away. My resident advisor was just telling me today that what i have been feeling is normal for freshmen, is just a little depression that will go away by next semester. Really?? crying every day is normal? I see everyone else around me having fun and going out and fitting in, I don't! People just dont understand depression unless they themselves have it.

I appreciate your advice and understanding. I find it very helpful talking to others who are either going through the same or people like yourself that acknowledge my feelings as real. Coming here and other sites similar keeps me busy and makes me feel that Im not alone. I truthfully don't know if what im feeling is a passing feeling or not, I feel sad, I feel like I want to cry a lot, like I cannot feel as happy as the other kids in my school, I dont feel like I can relate to my roommate... I know I am depressed, it is more then just home sickness. I'm just not sure if this depression and this feelings will go away any time soon.

Yeah I have decided to wait until I go back home at the end of the semester and talk to my family doctor and ask for anti-depressants. It's been 3 months since I started school and my feelings have not changed, I have never in my life felt so out of place or alone and sad, I know this is not me and these feelings are not normal. Three months was more then enough time for me to start feeling better. I thank you archeon for your time, responses and advise. Believe it or not I feel so much better when I read your responses and I see that you understand what im feeling. Thanks! :D

It seems to hurt more when you feel that no one understands what you're going through. Although I try to look for something positive in every experience, there are times that I can't fight the urge. I start experiencing a little anxiety over whatever situation I'm dealing with and then I feel guilty for letting myself get to that point.

Frost

The simple truth is that most people will never understand whatever you are passing through until they find themselves in the same situation which is why they seems to keep quiet and don't know anything to offer as their opinion on the subject. This is why I don't really blame them too much for being quiet because if they should say anything they might not really have anything good to offer.

It seems to hurt more when you feel that no one understands what you're going through. Although I try to look for something positive in every experience, there are times that I can't fight the urge. I start experiencing a little anxiety over whatever situation I'm dealing with and then I feel guilty for letting myself get to that point.
Actually, I think that some people do understand what others are passing through in terms of depression and anxiety but they choose not to help and be supportive until they find themselves in the same situation.

I find it very painful and frustrating when people fail to understand the devastating effects rape and child abuse can cause for someone because whenever such thing happens to someone at a very young age it is capable of destroying their lives.

Most people who are not depressed don't seem to always understand what people who are depressed are passing through which is why when you are trying to explain to them exactly what you have been through, they will never understand you.

No one really understands how anyone is feeling we all just try to make ourselves feel better , we are all in our different state of mind and going through various challenges in whatever form.

The best way to be happy and stay happy is never to expect too much From people because there's bond to be disappointments and when you ain't getting the kind of attention you feel you deserve that tends to drive us slowly into depression.

I think it's a macho thing not to talk about suicide, but I have thought about it this year. In response, I have decided to give my heart to God totally. In a way, it was a wakeup call.

Back