Depressed Mother

My mother has suffered with depression for most of her life. I grew up learning how to identify her "blue" periods when she was going through these extreme emotions. Constantly trying to make her feel better as a child really created a traumatic impact on my childhood. Now as an adult, I'm dealing with depression and it can be very difficult sometimes. I often wonder if it will be passed onto my children when I have them.

I hear you

I feel the same way - my little baby is not yet one but I am so concerned that she will already be working out that I am not well and am not always able to care for her emotional needs. I dont have any answers for you - but I hear you and feel the same concerns.

Heatman

It's always very difficult when a parent is suffering from depression. They would still need to do their duties as a parent and that's never made easy by the existence of depression.

It is never easy being a parent and it's only going to get difficult when you are depressed trying to be a parent. This is because taking care of your kids is going to add a lot of pressure in your life that you will find it very difficult to cope but you are not going to give up until everything is better.

Being a mother is never easy because the responsibility of taking care of your children will always be on you and whatever mistake you make with your children will haunt you forever. This is why most mother's always suffer depression more than their husband.

It's going to be very difficult for me to deal with my mother being depressed because she's the backbone of our family. If anything happens to her, we would all be affected in a way our feeding is going to hard.

Back