Can Men Have Eating Disorders?

Though many people associate eating disorders with women, these illnesses also occur in men. An estimated 5 percent to 15 percent of people with anorexia or bulimia, and an estimated 35 percent of those with binge-eating disorder, are male. Furthermore, recent studies have shown that incidence and prevalence rates of eating disorders are increasing among men.

Recently I guess with everyone trying to get 6 packs and not doing it right, you'll have men with eating disorders

If its true then it is surprise news for us because everybody knows that who is more concerning about health a men or women so the probability of having eating dis orders should also be in women also as i think although its not rare too for man to have eating disorder. There will be always some exceptions.

My problem is that I don't eat all day, then go home and make a big meal. I run and swim in the summers. Play golf three or four times a week, but still gain weight. I don't think it is an eating disorder, but a eating habit disorder. If I eat breakfast, I seem to feel sick. Maybe somebody can tell me what this is.

Well, you may feel sick because you're waiting too long in between meals. That makes your blood sugar fluctuate, which can cause nausea. It may also be what you're eating, for both the nausea and the weight issue. Are you eating a well-balanced diet with plenty of whole-grain carbohydrates, fruits and veggies? People who buy into the all carbs are bad fad may feel dizzy and nauseous because whole-grain carbohydrates help regulate your blood sugar levels.

You may also want to check with your doctor. Nausea, fatigue, and weight issues can be symptoms of a thyroid disorder, and other medical conditions. Better safe than sorry! :)

Roberto

No sex is excluded from having eating disorders. I have been down road and it's not a funny one to be on. If you're not careful, it's going to get you right into suffering from obesity.

I dont see any reason eating disorders would be limited to women. I know several men who went on unhealthy diets to loose weight.

Recently I guess with everyone trying to get 6 packs and not doing it right, you'll have men with eating disorders
No matter how much you're working out every day, if you're eating habit is bad, you will never have 6 packs. This is why I don't mess up with my meal plan because it helps me to be in a good health condition.

Even kids are suffering eating disorders today. There's no boundaries to who can have eating disorders. Where I can say it's peculiar with ladies is when they are pregnant.

Back