Being asked out by a Salesperson?

Naiwen

I don't personally think it's very professional or ethical to hit on or to ask your female customer out as a salesman. I've had that personal experience last Friday, while I've been browsing some jewelry in the Swarovski store. The salesman has asked me : "Are you free tonight?" I'm like : "No, thank you."

Who you want to go out with is all up to you. If you don't like the person, it's your decision to agree or not. He probably isn't your type of person or ooh yes, I remembered, you don't like men and relationships.

There is nothing wrong with anyone who is doing any kind of job asking you out on a date. It depends on if you are interested in that person then you're going to accept the person data. As long as the person is respectful the way he asked you out, it's cool.

If this is a salesperson who got your attention by speaking with you on what they were trying to sell you and then decided to instead, change the subject and hit on you so to speak, this is very unprofessional and should not be done in that way.

I tend to avoid sales people either out in town or those that come to my door.

It's very inappropriate or unprofessional for sales people to hit on customers. I know that you can meet your soulmate or find love anywhere but as a salesperson, you need to have control. Let the policy of your business guide and control you.

Sales people can love too but the only thing I can say is that it's not proper to chip in conversations that's not related to work in business.

It depends on the policy guiding your company. One can be sacked as a result of trying to take a friendship made with the customer to the next level. This is the reason I can't even think of doing such a thing.

He just fired his shot. It could have gone the other way too, if you were feeling him. I don’t think there is any policy in any company against asking customers out.
The one I know is the discouragement of romantic relationships among staff.

Back