Unrequited Love Kills!

Naiwen

I have personally known several people (women and men) to commit suicide at a very young age (maybe 19-30 years old), because of an unrequited love for someone who for whatever reason, can't love you back. In the case of my roommate at my psch ward, she's been in love with her psychiatrist/therapist who is married with children and her primary doctor, so professionally and ethically speaking, he can't reciprocate her feelings, which have turned into delusions and obsession with him. Even a handshake from him has meant for her that he's cared about her somewhat. That's when I have known that she's been obsessed with him for awhile. So sad and tragic, dying so young for unrequited love, isn't it?

Last edited:
What I would conclude is that those people have a psychological problem. There's no way a normal human would be willing to take their own lives because someone couldn't love them back. If I know anyone like that, I would do anything to get them good help.

This can be a psychological problem and it will be very hard for them to overcome it. They need to see a therapist or a counselor in order to return back to normacy. I don't see the reason while someone should kill him or herself because someone don't want to return their love.

I will always categorize such people as very being stupid and useless because I cannot understand the reason why simply because someone refused to love you back, you will now decide to commit suicide and end your life. That is the height of madness as far as I'm concerned.

Back