My experience

I'm here to tell my experience

A few years ago, after my parents divorce and after my mother recovered from her depression, there was a time that it looked as everyone was against me, and even my mother told me to leave home (But I didn't).
I felt so depressed that time, that I almost broke up with me girlfriend.
But, she was my salvation, thanks to her, I got better after a (very long) week

That was because she was the only one I could trust. So, if you're feeling depressed, the best thing you can do is to find someone you trust

You are right. One of the best way to take down depression is to become independent, your experience might help someone who is in the same situation.

I guess that is true. I definetely feel so much better when I speak to my mother but the minute I hang up once again I feel lonely and isolated. Skypower you were lucky to have a girlfriend during your tough times.

Yes, I am very lucky to have her by my side, and I can't find ways to pay her.
Emily, IMO you feel better when you speak to your mother because you feel that you can trust her, that she is with you. But, hey, I think that you can always trust her, and she will always be with you, so you don't need to feel lonely and isolated, I guess

It is important you talk to people who you know care and love you when you have depression, even if it is only one person. Loneliness can make the feelings of depression seem harder to cope with and I talk from experience.

I agree with you as long as the friend is not always overly judgmental and critical like maybe a critical parent. Everyone needs to feel as if they have the right to run their own lives and to feel acknowledged, too. I would say meet a friend who tells you what you don't want to hear but also hopefully that friend is good with words as in a way of using tact, which I may not be doing so well with right now. LOL

As far as parents divorcing...

I know even though I was an adult my parents getting divorce was traumatic. It is the reason why I wasn't rushing off to get married like everyone else was in their 20s. It can be tough to overcome life and have a healthy relationship after a traumatic family breakup like this.

I also agree with that, as for my experience, my best friend has been with me through my ups and downs though there are times wherein I really felt bad about her. She never left me and continued to support my decisions. She was like a mom, she comforts me when I am sick, a sister, for she has shared laughter and shed tears for me, a child, because she always make me smile with all that funny face she made, and a protector, she was always the first person that reaches for my hand whenever I made mistakes.

Having a great support system is necessary to get through depression. At one point in time, I didn't realize how important it was. Thankfully, I've opened my eyes and realize that I don't have to struggle alone with inadequate feelings about myself. if you have a friend that can be honest with you and still care about you, then don't ever let them go. They're very hard to come by. :)

Heatman

Whenever parents are being affected by depression, it's always affecting the kids in a very negative way. Divorce always have big impact on kids and it's why kids whom their parents are divorced can't escape being depressed.

Having a great support system is necessary to get through depression. At one point in time, I didn't realize how important it was. Thankfully, I've opened my eyes and realize that I don't have to struggle alone with inadequate feelings about myself. if you have a friend that can be honest with you and still care about you, then don't ever let them go. They're very hard to come by. :)
You're very right about this. One of the first ways to healing and getting better from being depressed is talking about it. The moment you start expressing yourself about what's killing you inside, you will start feeling better bit by bit.

Back