My daughter has ADHD

We just never knew what was swrong with her.And I have a mental illness should have known...She did poorly inschool,hard time concentrating she was not a happy girl(12 years old)
Some counselling at school(they are great) and some different meds and you would never know it was the same girl.She still gets frustrated,her illness isnt gone but it is in control now and we know what to expect and why.

I'm happy to hear your daughter was diagnosed and given the appropriate medicines to correct her issues, she can now finish grammar school, go on to High School, focus, get good grades and go to College without any issues or problems.

Does the medications make her act normally? And will she have to take medications for the rest of her life, or this mental illness will disappear?

Dori

It's always very sad seeing your own kid suffering. But it's a good thing that she's been taken care of right now and that's all that matters. In no distant time, she's going to fully recover.

I am so happy to hear your daughter was finally diagnosed and received the help she needed. I am in the process of going through helping my 18-year-old son who I feel was let down by the system when the pandemic started as he was leaving school the year lockdowns happened so finished school early and a lot seems to have been missed. I am 100% sure that he has ADHD. He is very hyperactive late at night, gets very angry over things, has a hard time focusing on something for a long period of time, and has a hard time sitting for long periods of time. He also struggled to concentrate at school as well and fell behind quite a bit due to that. He was referred but they have advised him to seek help for mental health first which I know is not the case, now the fight to get him the help he needs begins.

Back