Depression

DarkerNights

Depression, the Black Dog, the Blues; there's a number of different labels for the sometimes debilitating affliction. Aside from the differing names, there also comes into play different types of depression; morbid, clinical, bipolar, major, etc. With that being said, it becomes clear to the reader that people suffer depression in widely varying ways. It can manifest as a gradual disinterest in hobbies, work, or even loved ones; it can start with a lack of personal hygiene, dark thoughts, or even a need to dissociate one's self from peers and family.

In short, depression affects us all in its own cruel way. To begin the road to recovery, we need to recognize these manifestations and associate them with depression rather than blaming ourselves and living a life of self-hate and social destruction.

Keep it up, you're doing great.

Last edited:
Depression is the silent killer that we don't get to talk about well enough. A lot of people especially youths are being killed by depression without anyone knowing until they have committed suicide. I have had my own fair share of what it feels like but I had help on time.

My depression started when I was sexually abused by our house maid and it is something that I couldn't bring myself to tell my parents and ever since then I have been psychologically destroyed sexually and it is still affecting me today.

My depression started when I was sexually abused by our house maid and it is something that I couldn't bring myself to tell my parents and ever since then I have been psychologically destroyed sexually and it is still affecting me today.
I know how difficult bringing this to the notice of your parents can be. You wouldn't know how they are going to react to it and that adds to the horror and hurt you have been through already.

Ever since I was abused at the age of 6 years old my life has never been the same because it has put me in a phase of life that I can never be able to get out of unless something drastic is done about it and I hope that it doesn't get to the point where I become Suicidal.

The rate at which people are committing suicide on daily basis is increasing as a result of a lot of them being depressed and it seems like the government and hospitals are not doing enough to save people from this deadly killer called depression.

Depression can be really difficult to get over and can still be quite easy to get over we all just have to find strength from within ourselves and always find a way to be happy.

Depression can be really difficult to get over and can still be quite easy to get over we all just have to find strength from within ourselves and always find a way to be happy.
You need help especially when depressed. It's not something that you can beat or win alone. It's why I try as much as possible to be with good friends that I can trust because they offer a good help.

Back