Withdrawing

Although I know it's good to have loving family members around, there are times that I feel like isolating myself from the negative ones. Instead of encouraging me to do certain positive things, they constantly criticize me about every move I make. This in turn makes me focus on my depressed feelings and not about the happy things in my life. Do you find yourself withdrawing from loved ones sometimes?

Yeah, at times I am also feeling that same way. I am more of the sensitive type. Whenever I feel like taken for granted, I tend to keep myself away from those persons, even if those are from my own family.

Heatman

When you're not getting the support they are supposed to give to you when you're depressed, it's best that you withdraw from them. Getting those that are willing to help you recover is very important.

It is going to be very difficult for you to recover from your depression if you don't find a way to tell your family and friends whatever that is causing you to feel that way because that is the only way they can be able to offer support and help you to recover from your depression.

I used to think that keeping everything that is bothering me about my depression to myself will always be the best thing for my health but I have known better that it is more good for you to talk about it to your friend so that you will find the best way to take care of yourself with the solution that you can get from them.

If my loved ones are not supportive in my depression problem, I don't see any reason why I should be dependent on them because it is not going to help me fix the problem. It is better for me to withdraw from them and look for where I will get help and comfort from.

Back