Suicide Crisis Hotlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristina

If you feel suicidal please reach out for help to one of the following numbers as there are people who can help you in your time of need.

NATIONAL SUICIDE HOTLINES - USA TOLL FREE / 24 HOURS A DAY / 7 DAYS A WEEK

1-800-SUICIDE * 1-800-784-2433
1-800-273-TALK * 1-800-273-8255

DEAF HOTLINE

1-800-799-4TTY (4889)

IF FOR WHATEVER REASON YOU CANNOT CALL THESE NUMBERS THEN DIAL 911 AND ASK FOR HELP.​

1-800-SUICIDE works in Canada too
I have also called the crisis line in Kelowna and talked to some very understanding people.
There phone number is 250-763-9191

if you dont feel well and need immediate help,Call 911

I wanted to help a bit too and did a quick search for other suicide hotlines but as far as the USA goes 1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-273-8255 is the best number... the number is not for just one call center rather the calls gets routed to the closest possible crisis center in the area you live. There are over 120 crisis centers across the country, the call is free and confidential. If anyone else has used any other lines that have been helpful the number should be posted here.

What about for Portugal? Does anyone knows? I think that these numbers should be more exposed so that people over the world know who to call in those moments

What about for Portugal? Does anyone knows? I think that these numbers should be more exposed so that people over the world know who to call in those moments

Portugal Suicide Hotlines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voz de Apoio
Apartado 2533
4401-401
VILA NOVA DE GAIA
Hotline: (+351) 225 50 60 70
E-mail Helpline: [email protected]

Telefone SOS Palavra Amiga
VISEU
Hotline: (232) 42 42 82

How did you find those Portugal numbers? Is it also free for calls made from Portugal, or do we have to pay to call? And if we have to pay, how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back