Stigma of Panic Attacks and Anxiety.

I never really noticed befor until I met someone a few years ago in my neighborhood that suffers from anxiety and panic attacks just how common a problem it is. The only reason I found out was that my wife and his wife work together and talked .We are both not interested in anyone finding out as people who don't understand ,Think JUST GET OVER IT. I wish . Sleepless nights waking up with the worst feeling in the world. I know there are a pile of afflictions of the mind ,But it seems the less obvious the illness the more it is shunned by people as an excuse.

Just an Observation (not a rant)

Admitting to the world that you suffer from a disorder is not easy, plus unfortunately not many people are sensitive to the many issues that depressed individuals are dealing with so many people just stay quite and deal with issues on their own. My school counselor told me that OVER half of college students in my school have one form of recorded mental health issues and are either taking medication, counseling or have certain arrangements with professors ahead of time (sitting in a certain section in class, not being called on by the professor, having more time to do a test, etc) So I know we are not alone, there are many people walking among us that are depressed, suffer from anxiety, paranoia, are bi-polar, have ADD or ADHD but chose to keep it quite.

Bawon

People are always suffering from panic attack as a result of something that is happening with them which they cannot really be able to explain in a way for other people to understand. All these are psychologically connected which is why we need to understand people and give them chance to express themselves in a way that we can be able to help them out.

Back