Sober and depressed .

I am having a tough time lately with my other half, And the children. I am glad I am not drinking or any substance abuse .This has it's downside in dealing with others.
I am super sensitive and feel like I am walking on eggshells in my home. Not easy ,Sometimes my mind runs away with me but all the years I didn't care seem to be in my thoughts .Straight and narrow one step at a time is't the way everyone else works. Training myself to not over think every little thing is hard.

Does your wife know about your depression? if not then should tell her. Like I said in other posts I seen my mother go through a really bad depression and really the only thing that helped her was medication and counseling. I too have been feeling really depressed lately, crying for minor things only because I feel sad and alone, I dont feel like I can relate to anyone and no matter how positive I try to think it just doesnt work. I really do believe that sometimes meds is the only way.

Counseling alone is not enough sometimes and yes medication sometimes is the only way to make us feel better. Jake, hang in there and stay away from alcohol or any other substance abuse. Alcohol only clouds our mind, distorts reality and pushes us away from family. Talk to your wife about the issues that are bothering you and let her know the issues that you are facing. Hopefuly with communication her and the children can be more sensitive to your situation.

Jake, you don't need to deal with that alone. If you tell your wife, she can help you, and even your children can help you if they are old enough

I think you should tell your wife about your depression, and you should tell her that 1 day of the week you are dedicating to you so that you can relax. it might upset her, but you need some time alone to relax and regroup. On that day, you do whatever you want to relax you like playing ball or watching a game. Tell her you need the day to do what alcohol would normally do for you.

It would greatly help to tell your family about it. It is never easy but please realize that it would be the best thing to do. I am sure your wife will appreciate it, and understand your situation, too.

Good luck!

Heatman

One thing that's very common with depression is that you can never stop thinking. The funny aspect of the whole thing is that you will always be thinking of the worst and that's what makes it very difficult for you to deal with it.

I always tell any of my friend who is suffering from depression to always find it in whatever they are doing to confine in their partner or a very close friend because whenever you seems to talk about whatever that's making you feel depression, it usually gets better after you must have let it out. It is the only way they can be able to support you out and help you to recover.

I am having a tough time lately with my other half, And the children. I am glad I am not drinking or any substance abuse .This has it's downside in dealing with others.
I am super sensitive and feel like I am walking on eggshells in my home. Not easy ,Sometimes my mind runs away with me but all the years I didn't care seem to be in my thoughts .Straight and narrow one step at a time is't the way everyone else works. Training myself to not over think every little thing is hard.
One thing that is very common in life is that you can only be able to stop thinking when you are dead, which is why it gets intensified when you are depressed with how much you think about everything and getting obsessed over it over and over again.

Back