Girlfriend Blues

Wow, this forum looks like it's new. Anyway, I'll get it started. Anyway, I'm 24 and I've had depression on and off since I was about 16. I've been on all the SSRIs. My girlfriends keep leaving me even though I'm so nice. Any suggestions?

Alex, let me ask you a question: You said you are 24 years old which is a pretty young age so Why would you want to be with someone who clearly is not 100% sure she wants to be with you? I understand there may be times when couples do not agree on things and feel that they need some 'space' so they go for a drive, leave for a few hours or something, you know? but if one of them actually wants to leave the relationship then that's a problem, definetely there are issues to be worked on..... In your case however, you are saying that your girlfriend keeps on leaving you!! Why? Is she telling you the reason why? Do you have any bad habits? Are you abusive towards her? Do you choose your friends over her? If the answer is NO to these questions and she is leaving you for minor disagreements then you should move on. Why would you want to be with someone who clearly does not love you and is unsure of being with you. The worst part is that she is hurting you each and everytime she leaves. I dont know the details of your relationship but if your girlfriend keeps on leaving for minor isues I dont think you are meant to be with her. At 24 you are still young enough to look around, date, and figure out the type of girl you want to spend and share your time and future with.

Alex Sometimes These things happen wether you suffer from depression or not .As someone who suffers and have come to cope with it more I realize That everytime something goes wrong "It must my fault " Does not apply to everything anymore .It was that way for years . You will meet a thousand people and only ONE will be your type keep your chin up. Somethings happen. I have been there.

Continue being nice and one day you will find a girl that will appreciate you and your ways. In the meantime, stay away from this girl that continues giving you heart ache and let yourself be single and free, this way you will find someone else who will love you too much to hurt you.

Do you think that she is "the one"? If she is always leaving you, don't you think that you deserve better? If you are so nice, I bet that there are tons of girls looking for a guy like you, so, don't give up on trying

Even if there are no other girls at the moment interested or any girl that you will want to be with do not go back to this one that's breaking your heart over and over and over and over again. Really, it is better to be single for a while then to go through another heartbreak. Just worry about yourself for now. Stay single, live life and one day you will meet someone worthwile.

SunSet is right, it's not that hard to find a girl that appreciate us for what we really are! You just need to get better and go look for girls. If you are really shy, a good approach would be by the internet, like facebook or myspace.

I have to admit that it's extremely hard to concentrate on someone else's feelings when you're feeling down in the dumps. Although I love my boyfriend very much, I tend to forget that he has off days as well. However, he can also bounce back from a negative situation quicker than I can.

You can never give what you don't have. In order for a person to be loved, one must love his self first. Be happy with your own person before you can be happy with anyone else. It will be very unfair for your girlfriend if you rely your happiness to her. Finding 'the one' will be much easier if you have learned to give yourself importance. I hope this helps. :)

I am sure it is just a coincidence. Do not let that affect your life. They may have their own reasons as to why they left you. Were you informed about those reasons? If you think there might be a valid reason for them to do that to you, then perhaps it is about time to see if you can change for the better.

I know you will soon figure it out. Good luck!

Frost

The simple truth is that most relationships suffer as a result of depression and you cannot really blame the person because whoever you are when you people started dating before you started feeling depressed is never the same person that you are when you are depressed.

Wow, this forum looks like it's new. Anyway, I'll get it started. Anyway, I'm 24 and I've had depression on and off since I was about 16. I've been on all the SSRIs. My girlfriends keep leaving me even though I'm so nice. Any suggestions?
She never truly loves you. Yes, I understand that being with one who's suffering from depression is hard but you don't leave your loved one because they are passing through a rough time.

I have never had any hope or faith in love and relationships. Most of it are all built on lies and it's just sex and money most of the time. It's why I don't take any relationship very seriously because I have seen hell in the one's I have been in.

The simple truth is that you can always have a new girlfriend whenever you want but the most important thing is for you to take care of your depression first and be better so that you can be able to maintain your relationship.

Back